Tuesday 26 June 2007

Comment here to leave me a message

You can contact Duae Quartunciae by making a comment to this article.

Comments here are moderated. By default, I will not approve any comments here, on the assumption that people would prefer them to be private communications. This makes the comment a good way to send me a private message, without my having to reveal my email address.

My usual way to reply to people I do not know will be out in the open, as another comment on this blog, which I will approve. I will try to give something in this comment to let a reader identify when a comment is intended as a reply to them. I don't like email in general; but I may also email people in some cases. Please don't be offended if I choose not to use email at first.

If you want to be notified when I put up a reply, you can subscribe to the feed of comments to this post ( feed link). If you don't know about feeds, check it out. It is a very good way to read blogs. There is a free and convenient web based feeds reader available from Google.


7 comments:

sylas said...

Dear Rob Johnson,

I have sent you a message using the "Letters to the editor" feature of your blog. That's a good facility! I have done something fairly similar here; you can get a message to me by commenting to this article.

Thanks for your interest -- Duae Quartunciae

Bob said...

I enjoyed your input concerning the bicyclist here in the Twin Cities.

Also, I noticed you put a link with in the comment. I have not been able to find out how to do this.

Can you be a sport and give me the tip?

I'd sure thank you kindly!

Bob Johnson

sylas said...

Hi Bob,

You are asking about putting a link in with a comment. I am not totally sure what you mean... but comments on a blogspot blog (such as used by me, by Mr Orsak, and by yourself) can include very limited html tags; for bold, for italics, and for links.

To make a link, you write text that looks like this:

Here is a link to the [a href="http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/"]City of Minneapolis Official Web Page[/a].

However, you use angle brackets <> rather than square brackets []. If you use angle brackets, the previous paragraph appears like this:

Here is a link to the City of Minneapolis Official Web Page.

Thanks for your message. You have confirmed for me that this system of contact actually works. I have published your comment, because I am pretty sure you are keen to have people visit your own blog and there seems to be nothing private in your comment. That's not quite the protocol I describe above; let me know if there's a problem.

sylas said...

Dear RBH,

I am indeed very interested in your input on bulletin board moderation. You can send email to "admin at climatephysicsforums.com"

I was not able to reply to your comment by email; there was no return address!

Thanks very much for getting in touch -- sylas, the admin at Climate Physics Forums

Mal Adapted said...

Am I the first to ask whether "Mathemathics", in your masthead, is the Australian spelling?

sylas said...

Three years. MORE than three years. And you have indeed been the first to note the spelling; which is a Duae Quartunciae original.

"I'm not often right, but I'm wrong this time.

Thanks! Fixed.

sylas said...

Testing that this still works...